There Is Always Plenty To Do At Thunderbird!
The Dining Room At Thunderbird
Trust us. We’re not what you expect from a retirement community. In fact, we think you’ll be amazed. Are you envisioning meals prepared by a skilled Chef and graciously served by friendly, attentive associates? Here, that’s exactly what you’ll find.
Variety is the spice of life and you can rest assured that at Thunderbird Senior Living, choice is always on the menu. Relax and be served fresh, delicious cuisine. We love to delight and amaze. Enjoy everything from life’s simple pleasures like a fantastic vegetable bisque to mahi-mahi prepared to order to a bountiful Sunday Brunch. With numerous daily options in addition to our specials, you’ll never go wanting.
The Dailey Grind
Feel like lunch on the go? Visit The Dailey Ground for a quick pastry and a premium coffee just how you like it. A menu of freshly prepared salads, sandwiches and Daily Specials is also available. Of course if you love to cook, why not have a few friendly neighbors over to share your favorite dish? At Thunderbird, the choice is yours. But don’t take our word for it, give us a call to schedule lunch and a tour. After all, tasting is believing.
Activities, Outings, and Classes
There is always something happening at Thunderbird Senior Living. Cultural programs, interesting activities and extraordinary outings are simply a part of everyday life. There’s always plenty to do with friendly neighbors.
Stimulating the mind and strengthening the body has enormous benefits at any age. At Thunderbird, you’ll love having unlimited access to all of our mind and body fitness classes just steps from your door. Choose from Facebook 101 to Water Aerobics, Tastes of the World, Doll Making and everything in between. These programs and classes are beneficial, engaging and most of all, fun. Plus, they aren’t just for residents! While these amazing classes are for, and taught by, our residents and associates, we always love having a few guests. Call for a schedule and sign up for a class today.
Clubs and Groups for Everyone
Here are just a few of the many clubs and groups in our community that participate in outings, socializing and more. Visit the Thunderbird Connection link below for a complete list and calendar:
- Bookends This book club is made up of a number of readers who read and talk about books based on a topic or an agreed-upon reading list. A different book will be read monthly.
- The Lunch Bunch Take a tour around the world one dish at a time! This popular group goes out to a different restaurant the first Tuesday of every month. Enjoy cuisines from Japan, Thailand, Germany, India and so much more.
- Knitting/Crocheting Club Grab your knitting needles and yarn and join this cozy group, make hats, scarves and everything in between.
- Kitchen Band If you love to sing and dance, this is the group for you! Join our Kitchen Band; all you need is a spoon and a fork. We only have one rule: You CANNOT be a professional, that makes us look bad. See you at practice.
- Bible Study Study a new scripture each week. Learn to apply the Word of God to your everyday life.