Mind and Body Wellness
Stimulating the mind and strengthening the body has enormous benefits at any age. That’s why we created a wide range of classes on-site at Thunderbird for your personal self-improvement quest. You’ll love having unlimited access to all of our mind and body fitness classes just steps from your door. Our course catalog is chock full of fun classes from Yoga to Water Aerobics, Creative Cuisine, The Artist Within, and dozens more, so you can learn (or teach) something new every day.
Here are just a few of our most popular choices:
- Fundamentals of Watercolor
- Men’s Club
- Line Dancing
- Floral Arranging
- Tai Chi
- Juices for Health
- Web Surfing
- Mah Jongg
- No-Bake Desserts
- Chair Yoga
- The Art of Acrylics
On-Site Assisted Living Services and Pricing
When it comes to Assisted Living, we’re not what you’d expect: drab apartments, boring days, bland food, stereotypical activities, with annoying call bells or associates in scrubs pushing medication carts. At Thunderbird, you’ll have the lifestyle you deserve, plus all the help you need and want. We’re committed to assisting you how you like, when you like, 24 hours per day – on your schedule, not ours. You tell us your preferences for when, where and how and we’ll take care of the rest.
Our experience has taught us that the best care doesn’t have to mean an environment that feels “medical.” At Thunderbird, the atmosphere is stylish and comfortable and care is customized to your needs and preferences. After all, what good is outstanding care if it’s the same for everyone? Each resident has a unique care plan developed, supervised, and regularly reviewed by our Resident Services Director and our Assisted Living LPN. A typical plan ensures that proper nutrition, activity assistance, and medication management are coordinated to maximize the quality of life of Thunderbird's Assisted Living Residents.
All this in a simple monthly rental with no upfront buy-in requirements!
ASSISTED LIVING FEATURES
- Your choice of residential apartment (all rooms private with private baths)
- Resident call response system
- Emergency Alert Pendant System
- Trained staff available 24 hours per day
- Our Journeys Window camera is always on so you can view via the Internet our Common Areas at your convenience.
- Three Family-Style Meals per Day (or the option of dining in the Thunderbird Senior Living Dining Room)
- Kitchen is always open for snacks and meals
- Private room for family events
- Personal clothes and bedding laundered once per week or as needed
- Regular Housekeeping
- Trash service three times per week
- A wide variety of Activity Clubs Residents can join
- Dynamic calendar of activities
- Birthday and Holiday Celebrations
- Neighborhood Barbecues and Events
- Music Therapy
- Exercise and Walking Programs
- Shopping and Outside Event Trips (Assisted Living Only)
- Private Transportation arrangements made for doctors’ appointments and other needs.
- Maintenance services
- Access to all Thunderbird Senior Living amenities
- On-site Salon
- Fire safety system
- All utilities including basic cable, Wi-Fi and local telephone service
- Full-time nurse on staff providing clinical supervision of all care services
- Medical Director specializing in Geriatric Health Management
- On-site access to blood pressure checks, massage therapy, mobile blood labs, physical therapy, doctors and specialists
- Assistance with the activities of daily living, such as bathing, dressing, mobility, medication management, meals, and housekeeping.
- Secure environment for Memory Care
Click Here To Learn More About The Journeys Secure Assisted Living Neighborhoods At Thunderbird Senior Living
Home Health Care Services
Our home health care team at Thunderbird Senior Living includes Nurses, Therapists, Home Health Aides, Medical Social Workers, and other health care professionals that help our residents at every level of care – from high-tech care to just being there.
You’ll appreciate the independence that Home Health Care brings to your lifestyle. If you require a helping hand on occasion, our in-house home health professionals will help you get back to doing what you enjoy, with personalized services and friendly experts who know you and are familiar with your needs and preferences.
Home Health services for seniors includes, short-term nursing, rehabilitative, therapeutic, and assistive care services. This is provided through hourly visits primarily paid for by the Medicare Home Health benefit.
Adult Nursing services include long-term, chronic illness, injury, or disability care at home and are provided by registered nurses and licensed practical nurses.
Assistive Care services include assistance with activities of daily living, including self-care and household support services. Care is provided by professional home health aides, certified nursing assistants, and companions.
Home Health Care at Thunderbird Senior Living has a special purpose: to help people have a safe home life with comfort, independence, and dignity.